Asking great questions is a superpower. It can reveal the unexpected, open up an entirely new area of discussion or force you to confront uncomfortable truths. Let’s ask ourselves some questions!3 Questions For CSMs To Ask Themselves Before Every EBR
- What’s the single largest barrier to my customer maximising the value from their current deployment?
- What’s the single most valuable opportunity for my customer to get more value in future from our solution?
- What questions can I ask of my stakeholder to help them come to the same conclusions?
- What’s the one thing I could do for you to supercharge your ability to drive value for the key stakeholders at your customers?
- What’s the most important thing you need from this 1:1 that you’re not currently getting?
- What’s the most valuable part of this 1:1? How could we work together to further improve on that?
- What’s the biggest opportunity you see for me to improve as a CSM?
- If you could eliminate one of my bad habits what would it be?
- What could I do to make this 1:1 more effective for you?
- What stops our least successful customers achieving as much as our most successful customers?
- How do we break down those barriers?
- What steps could we take to reduce or eliminate the time we spend on activities that don’t add value to customers?
- Do my CSM team have absolute clarity on what’s expected of them?
- Are these expectations 100% reflected in the way we measure their performance?
- What 3 things could I do next week to help them focus more of their time on customer value adding activity?
We love asking questions and we hope you’ve enjoyed these and found them a useful way to check-in on some of your current ways of working!